Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday

"Last night was one of the worst calls, I've ever made in this business......"

"Today, I am embarrassed to call myself a handicapper....."

"......and a lot of people will never give me another shot the rest of my life."

----Brandon Lang

If you wanna see the wretchedness of a famous handicapper, one who apparently wrote the movie "Two for the Money", who has still not learned one of the fundamentals of football betting, this link will take you to a video clip. You do not NEED to lose or win money laying big points backing road teams. If you have the ability; the intelligence; the 'sports knowledge' to determine, with absolute certainty, which team is the better team and that such a team is MUCH better than their opponent, this assessment, by you, is not enough to earn you money betting on sports. Its a lesson that players must learn and, in Lang's case certainly, RE-learn. Did I have the guts to take Arizona +12.5? No, but besides winning on a teaser, I avoided making the utterly amateur mistake of not just laying the points against a home team, but also making it a BIG play as Lang did. I'm something spectacularly good like 19-6-2 on non-teaser football bets and almost all of those bets were ON home teams. Taking home teams and NOT taking road favorites: Either way, its gotta be a winning system.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home