Wednesday, October 30, 2013

BOSTON(Lackey) -124 over Saint Louis(Wacha)----Look,  Wacha has allowed 11 hits in 27 postseason innings!   That's fucking ridiculous;  we need to have an honest talk about how to hit a downward-plane fastball.   Remember,  first,  that it is an illusion.   Its coming from a high-point.....moving down.   However,  thrown as a four-seamer,  or maybe just thrown hard---like 97,  it sails.   Yes,  it sails SO IT DOESN'T FINISH AS LOW AS YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD;  its moving down when you first see it.....then it starts to "rise" a bit when it gets close to you.   Then its pretty much too late:  your eyes have "miscalculated" and you just can't get the bat on it.   I've thought about it(I've faced these type of pitches---they "eat you up") and decided.......stay up.   Get your head higher,   get your shoulders higher,  get your bat higher.   Maybe even get a little closer to the plate.   And just remember:  The hitting zone is going to be far, far below you.   Forget about scrutinizing the ball once it gets close to you----that'll just confuse you.   See it "in a flash" as soon as you can out of his hand and your mind will instantly calculate where it should end up:   Below you.   If this sounds strange,  or like "guess hitting",  LOOK AT THIS:  NOBODY IS HITTING THIS GUY.   Adjustments need to be made NOW.   Not after you strike out in your first at bat.   Give Lackey credit for having his best season this year.   I thought he used to be an overrated pitcher.....and a hater............so I used to like to bet against him.  However----I think maybe he lost some weight or something----he's been good this year.   He's gotten better with experience.   Maybe some would prefer to see a dramatic and tension-filled Game 7.   I don't care about that;  I wanna beat Wacha.  So we are putting all our horses into this game.   That doesn't mean its a 10* bet when,  certainly,  Wacha shouldn't be an underdog against anybody based on what he's done recently.   What I'm saying is that Game 6 is the game that matters to me.   So......as there are 5 letters in the word 'radio',  I will be betting,  uhh,  $15.(Win 6-1..........."They never said your name but I KNEW just...........who they meant.......Wah-ohh-oh-ohh-oh  I was so surprised and shocked and I wondered too............if by chance you heard it for your-self............I never told a soul just how I'vveeeee been feeling O-VER you........But,  they said it really loud,  they SAID it on the air,  on the reed-io,  ew-OH-oh-oh-ah  on the ra-dio,  ew-OH-oh-oh-ah on the radio...ew-Oh-oh-oh-ah on the radio......")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home