Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday
Recap of yesterday

V I C T O R Y ! S.B.T.C

BannedChatterLateInformation goes 2 - 0, bagging the +150 as Seattle beats the mighty Yankees.
BCLI plays go to 10-8 +1.36 units
BCLI line on all games goes to 16-21 -10.77 units

For the haters, who say I dont compute my wins and losses correctly, who, back in 1998, were working at Subway while I was collecting checks from subscribers posting on rec.gambling.sports and becoming a legitimate documented handicapper on Bigguy.com, I will show you how to grade a baseball bet. It's simple: if you bet ON the favorite which is selling at -130, you are risking 1.3 units to win 1 unit. If you lose with the favorite, you lose 1.3 units. If you take Seattle, as BCLI did yesterday, at +150, you are risking 1 unit to win 1.5 units.
(jeez, I love it, the yankees lose and the haters' big new york ego's are wounded.......so they unleash their bile upon BCLI!)

Ok, lets analyze the win. Its counterintuitive because you'd think, and i did earlier in my 8 years of baseball handicapping experience, that if a particular offense has crushed a particular pitcher once, that they should do it again. And you'd think, that if a particular pitcher has just pitched poorly in his last start, that maybe something's wrong with him and he will do poorly again. The reality is that the opposite tends to happen. Washburn was coming off a rocking by the Angels......and he bounced back to K 9 yankees. Randy Johnson had K'd 11 Mariners in his last start against them and when he faced them last night, the 2nd time.......well, he did alright, but just bad enough to lose, only K'ing 3. Josh Beckett had shut down the Angels recently, so on the basis of that, I deduced that he might do poorly vs them last night....but then I said, 'look, he's coming off two terrible starts, HE NEEDS TO REDEEM HIMSELF based on that.' That's why I laid off that game, because that was conflicting information. AND the price for the Angels was a bit too expensive. As a handicapper, I am more proud of that lay-off than my underdog Yankee slaying. Sure, the haters might say it was Ichiro who won Seattle that game with his remarkable defense. And I'd say look at what I wrote below 'Washburn's team owed him a win.'

Also for the haters, this: Remember how I cursed and slandered Danys Baez after he lost BCLI a game? Yeah. And then he had to have an emergency appendectomy.
"Take it on home and think it thru,
cuz the next rhyme i write might be about you"

1 Comments:

Blogger Diem said...

BCLI, a line of -130 does not work both ways, right? I am trying to follow your math. If the favorite is -130, then the dog's vig would be taken into consideration in their line, right? Im not being critical, just trying to understand what your doing.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home